Privacy statement of maxxer
This Website collects some Personal Data from its Users.
*Privacy Statement (last update October 2021) – subject to changes in relation to requirements based on laws and regulations to be implemented.
1. Introduction and background
When you visit our website www.maxxer.com and/or use our mobile applications, maxxer processes your personal data. Personal data refers to any information that identifies or links to a person. maxxer respects your privacy and ensures due care when processing and protecting personal data.
This Privacy Statement explains what types of personal data we collect, how we collect it, why we use it, how we deal with it and what your rights are. maxxer ensures to process your personal data in line with applicable privacy regulations. We encourage you to read this Statement carefully as it forms a relevant part of maxxer’s User agreement and Terms and Conditions.
a. Application of the Statement
maxxer is subject to the data protection obligations as set out in the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR). To comply with GDPR, maxxer has implemented data protection principles and acts as (joint) controller when processing your personal data.
maxxer’s website and/or mobile application may contain links to other third party websites. If you follow these links, please note that they have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal data.
We reserve the right to modify this Statement. We recommend that you review this Statement regularly, so that you remain informed of any possible changes.
2. Personal information we collect
We collect personal information when you use our website and mobile application, when you communicate with us, complete a form, or use one of maxxer’s services that requires your personal data. This can be personal information that you provide to us and is required for maxxer’s service, or information that our website and other systems collect about you.
a. Categories of personal information
The following (categories of) personal data and information may be processed for the purposes as described in this Statement:
• Country of residence
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Login details
• Copy of Passport/ID-card
• Date of Birth
• Place of Birth
• Cryptocurrency (wallet) address
• Bank account number
• Employment information
• Verification documents, like an utility bill
• Client ID
• Transaction information
• Proof of funds
maxxer may also ask information about your experience with trading, source of income, investment aims and risk appetite. For compliance and business purposes maxxer may need to review your personal data and information on a periodic basis.
b. Information we may receive from third parties
maxxer may also collect personal information from third parties, for example from business partners to be able to meet regulatory requirements with regard to Anti Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing.
c. Information we may collect from open sources
We may also obtain information about you from open sources such as and analyze public blockchain data to obtain information about your transactions from Blockchain analysis providers.
3. Purposes of processing personal information
• To create an account and provide maxxer’s services. We process your personal information to provide services to you. When we use your personal information for this purpose, we base such on contractual necessity.
• To buy, sell and trade crypto currencies: We will process your personal information when you use our trading platform. When we use your personal information for this purpose, we base such on contractual necessity and compliance with a legal obligation.
• To provide customer services: We might process your personal information to effectively respond when you contact us. When we use your personal information for this purpose, we base such on your prior and informed consent or legitimate interest.
• To provide communications on our services: We send administrative or account related information to keep you informed on our products and services and inform you of relevant security information. When we use your personal information for this purpose, we base such use on contractual necessity or legitimate interest.
• To engage in marketing activities: Where you have chosen to receive this, we may send you marketing communications. When we use your personal information for this purpose, we base such on prior and informed consent.
• To operate, manage, develop and promote our business: We use your personal information for research and development purposes. For example to improve our services and the content of our website and mobile application. When we use your information for this purpose, we base such on legitimate interest.
• To monitor content posted on the platform: maxxer will monitor any communication posted on the platform. When we process your personal information for this purpose, we base such on legitimate interest.
• To prevent fraud or misuse: We process your personal information to prevent fraudulent conduct or behaviour. When we use your personal information for this purpose, we base such on legitimate interest.
• To comply with laws and regulations: We use your personal information to comply with laws and regulations that apply to maxxer such as Know Your Customer (KYC) and transaction monitoring requirements from anti money laundering regulations. When we process your personal information for this purpose, we base such on compliance with a legal obligation.
4. Automated decision making
maxxer uses your personal information to create a risk profile. maxxer may assign a risk score based on the information you provided without human intervention. maxxer monitors continuously if your risk profile corresponds with the information you provided and your behaviour on maxxer’s platform. maxxer may run programs to screen your behaviour and automatically update your risk profile.
5. Transmission, security and storage of your personal information
maxxer will not provide personal data to third parties without your consent unless it is necessary for the performance of maxxer’s service or the agreement. For some parts of maxxer’s onboarding process we contracted specialized parties to do parts of it’s identification and verification process. Personal data can be shared with these parties for meeting regulations.
If we share your personal data with third parties we sign appropriate agreements to guarantee the confidentiality of your personal information. We may also need to share your personal data if it is required by law, including assisting law enforcement authorities and the Financial Intelligence Units (FIU).
b. International transfers
maxxer will process and store your personal information by default in the EEA (European Economic Area). When we do transfer personal data outside the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is protected at the same level as within the EEA by adequate safeguards. For example, by contracts containing standard data protection clauses which are in a form approved by the European Commission and/or a contract with the recipient ensuring that they will process the data with the same level of data protection as within the EEA.
c. Protection of your personal data
maxxer takes appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. In this regard, all information you provide to us is stored on our or subcontractors’ secure servers and are subject to our security policies and standards. When you need to choose a password to access certain parts of maxxer’s website, it’s important that you keep your password confidential and notify us if you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account.
maxxer will not keep your personal information longer as reasonably necessary for the purposes listed above. In this respect, maxxer retains your personal information as long as we:
• Have an agreement with you
• Have your (explicit) consent
• Have a legitimate interest
• Have a legal obligation
maxxer is legally required to retain your personal information for identification and verification purposes for a period of 5 years after a relationship has ended. Personal data related to transactions will be retained for a period of 7 years after the latest relevant calendar year.
After the retention period is finished or when the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which the data were collected, the personal data will be deleted.
You may have various rights in relation to your personal information. In particular, you may have a right to:
• Correct personal information that is incorrect or incomplete
• Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
• Object to the processing of your personal information
• Ask to delete of personal information we hold about you
If you wish to exercise one of these rights please change your profile or send an email to [email protected]
If you wish to delete your personal information, please be aware that we may be required to keep your personal information for a certain period as required by regulations.
Where applicable, if you no longer wish to have your third party social network site account (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter) linked to your profile, please change the settings in your third-party social network site account.
Questions, comments, requests or complaints concerning this privacy notice and the way we process your personal data are welcomed and can be addressed to our DPO at [email protected]